Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• Grade 12/Std 10/NQF Level 4 is essential
• Blasting Ticket/Rock Breaker’s Certificate of Competency is essential
• On appointment, need to obtain Registration as Responsible Person (Explosives) in terms of the Explosives Act
• Mine Overseer’s Certificate of Competency would be an advantage
• Shift Supervisor qualification as per regulation 2.15.1 is essential
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• 3 years’ experience as a Production Shift Supervisor is essential
• Any other technical training or supervisory experience within the mining environment will be an advantage
• In-depth knowledge of all relevant SHE legislation (Occupational Health and Safety, Mine Health and Safety, Explosives Act) is essential
• Valid police clearance certificate not older than 3 months
• Valid Medical Certificate or be medically fit in order to obtain such a certificate.
• Coaching skills
• Observation skills
• Computer literacy is essential
• Incident investigation is essential
• Auditing and reporting skills
• Supervisory skills are essential
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Ensure effective legal compliance and governance regarding explosives as stipulated in the explosive regulation and Mine Health and Safety Act
• Audit effectiveness and compliance of explosives control systems
• Ensure effective monitoring and coaching of the Shaft Explosive Receivers
• Ensure effective monitoring and coaching of underground fuse issuers
• Ensure that all relevant people are adequately trained, certificated and empowered to manage hazards and execute the applicable legislation, standards and procedures
• Ensure adherence to legal requirements regarding issuing and distribution of explosives
• Conduct periodic full discipline audits and procedural reviews of all protocols pertaining to explosives and submit relevant audit reports as per organisational and legal requirement (services and underground)
• Ensure review/investigation of all applicable explosives-related accidents and incidents
• Timeously submit audit report to the Explosive Coordinator
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513
or e-mail in MS Word format to: Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 24 March 2019
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.