Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Manager: Technical Services (Shafts)
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• A degree in mining-related discipline is essential
• Other relevant Certificate of Competency for Technical Services, Mineral Resources or Mining is essential
• Professional registration in field of expertise is essential
• A financial qualification would be advantageous
Job-specific experience and requirements (essential):
• 10 years’ technical/mineral resource experience in tabular ore bodies, preferably within the platinum mining industry
• Mineral resource and technical management principles and processes knowledge
• Mineral resource and technical systems (IT) knowledge
• Managerial experience of mine technical services function, eg Geology, Survey, Mine Planners, Rock Engineering, Engineering, Safety and Ventilation
• Technical evaluation (analytical) skills
• Presentation skills
• General computer/IT knowledge
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Ensure effective functioning and good integration between the various technical departments on the shaft or within a shaft cluster
• Coordinate all short-, medium- to long-term planning as well as optimisation work at shaft level
• Ensure all operational planning is effective (G-sheets, pre-planning, lost blast analysis, etc)
• Provide technical advice to the Mine Manager and General Manager
• Monitor operational achievement and provide advice to the Mine Manager and General Manager on deviations and impacts (volumes, quality of mining, cost and revenue)
• Ensure all technical reporting is provided as required on and off the shaft
• Act as liaison between MRM Manager Operations and the technical heads as required
• Ensure that the service provided to mining by the technical services team is effective
• Coordinate all ad hoc requests of information at shaft level
• Ensure application of relevant standards and practices within the Mine Technical Services Department
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513 or e-mail in MS Word format to: Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 22 March 2019
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.