Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• B Engineering/BSc Engineering/National Diploma is essential
• Government Certificate of Competency:
Mines and Works in Electrical or Mechanical
Engineering is essential (2.13.1)
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• 3-5 yearsʼ operational experience within the hard rock mining industry is essential
• Registration as a Professional Certificated Engineer would be an advantage
• 2 yearsʼ recognised Junior Engineering programme training is essential
• 2-3 yearsʼ project management experience would be desirable
• A valid Medical Certificate or medically fit in order to obtain such a certificate
• Applied knowledge of general management methodologies and principles would be advantageous
• Legal knowledge related to the mining industry
• Applied knowledge of strategic management principles would be an advantage
• Operational knowledge related to the mining industry
• Computer literacy (MS Office, MS Project, SAP R/3) is essential
• Time management and negotiation skills would be advantageous
• Data analysis and presentation skills are essential
• Mentoring and coaching skills would be advantageous
• Reliability engineering/preventative maintenance skills are essential
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Manage the effective short-, medium- and longterm planning of all engineering-related activities and operations in support of Implats as an effective business (inclusive of utilities, technical services and transport)
• Ensure engineering compliance with statutory requirements (business, safety and risk management)
• Ensure the overall effectiveness, maximum availability of equipment and engineering integrity (upholding of professional engineering standards)
• Introduce new technology to ensure improved performance of equipment or infrastructure which is outdated
• Develop engineers for succession planning purposes and ensure a pool of engineering talent is available for strategic employment purposes
• Effectively guide engineering staff in providing a quality professional service to Implats business units
• Ensure capital and working costs are effectively managed within business plan parameters
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9840 or e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining1@implats.co.za
Closing date: 14 February 2019
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.