Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• A Grade 12 (NQF Level 4) certificate with Mathematics/Accounting is essential
• An NQF Level 6 qualification in either Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Business Economics or Managerial Finance is essential
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• A minimum of 5 years within a procurement environment is essential
• At least 3 years’ experience being involved in contract administration, negotiating with suppliers, awarding and finalising formal written contractual agreements is essential
• An additional 2 years’ experience in transactional buying is essential
• Sound analytical, numerical, business acumen and entrepreneurial skills
• The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Negotiation, presentation and communication skills and attention to detail, whilst being able to work accurately and independently
• Extremely proficient in MS Excel and moderately proficient in MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and SAP-related software
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Realise savings and cost reduction initiatives, negotiate better prices and follow best practices in commercial processes
• Administer all contracts within relevant contracts portfolio
• Conduct negotiation meetings with suppliers, either one-on-one or as commercial leader of cross-functional team
• Initiate, create and execute tender events for low value and/or risk contracts as well as draft, negotiate and finalise formal written contractual agreements for these events
• Intervene, on request, to assist with selective vendor performance management to ensure that suppliers are performing within contractual terms and conditions
• Liaise and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Engage with suppliers within contracts portfolio to continuously ensure Mining Charter and BBBEE compliance and/or improvement
• Comply with all relevant procurement policies, procedures, approval frameworks and codes of conduct
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513 or e-mail in MS Word format to: Recruitment.Mining4@implats.co.za
Closing date: 17 January 2019
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.