Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Mining Planner (MRM)
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum qualifications and requirements (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be accepted):
• Grade 12 with Maths and Science is essential
• A degree/diploma/formal qualification in Geology, Mining Engineering or Rock Engineering would be an advantage
• A Chamber of Mines Advance Certificate (Survey, Rock Engineering) Mine Overseer Certificate would be an advantage
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• At least 5 years’ experience in an underground supervisory position or related technical services is essential
• Knowledge of underground stope and development planning is essential
• Must be conversant with mining layouts
• Computer literacy (MS Office package, MicroStation, CADSMINE) is essential
• A valid Code EB (08) driver’s licence and own transport will be considered a distinct advantage
• A valid Medical Certificate, or medical fitness to obtain such a certificate, is essential
Other desirable requirements:
• Must be self-driven and highly motivated with strong leadership skills
• Must maintain a high standard of work
• Must have good organising and delegation skills
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Ensure the creation, optimisation and implementation of the Life of Mine plan
• Ensure the creation, optimisation and implementation of a business plan to meet the strategic targets of the shaft
• Build achievable/logical graphic designs, in order to provide direction and insight into medium and long-term layouts
• Provide effective problem-solving to the Production Department to assist with the achievement of the plan
• Align the inputs of all key stakeholders towards the achievement of the optimised plans
• Ensure the effective maintenance of layouts and new designs
• Construct scenarios for optimised schedules
• Organise/co-coordinate pre-planning meetings
• Control the quality of short-term planning processes
• Request monthly mining instructions and ad hoc’s
• Liaise with departments and collate data that requires changes to plan/update Mine Designs with new geology, other applicable information and new monthly faces
• Attend G-Sheet and other meetings, with related inputs
• Update Development Priority Plans
• Print plans
• Analyse and report variances, from plans to actual
• Make comparisons short-, medium and long-term plans and report variances
• Compile required Management Reports
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9965 or e-mail in MS Word format to: Recruitment.Mining4@implats.co.za
Closing date: 17 January 2019
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.