Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Senior Engineering Foreman
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• Grade 12/N3 with Maths & Science
• Recognised relevant Trade qualification (Section 13/26D) OR proof of recognised completed apprenticeship contract (completed by means of effluxion of time) AND NTC 2/relevant Trade Theory qualification AND experience as a Foreman is essential.
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• At least 5 years' experience as an Instrument Foreman and SEQL Servers (set-up)
• Experience in Industrial Networks, Control Net, Device Net, Profi bus, Modbus, PA and PLC/ SCADA/HMI programming is essential
• Sound knowledge of Industrial Networks,
Control Net, Device Net, Profi bus, Modbus and PA
• Knowledge of Wireless Communication protocols is essential
• Theoretical knowledge of flow, density, pressure, level, weighing and analytical instrumentation is essential
• Knowledge of process control optimisation (conveyors, fridge plant, chiller plants, air compressors, vent fans, pump stations)
• Basic health and safety principles in and around a workplace and legislative and mine standards knowledge is essential
• Knowledge of industrial ergonomics and SAP procedures
• Conflict & dispute resolution, along with problem-solving skills (root cause analysis & sound judgement) are essential
• Performance management skills
• Ability to apply basic management and project management principles
• Verbal and written communication skills (reports, presentation, general communication).
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Achieve and maintain plant and equipment efficiency and running time
• Implement contingency plans to reduce production losses
• Implement effective operational and tactical management principles and procedures
• Effectively monitor via budgeting and project management methodologies
• Ensure compliance and review legislative and engineering standards
• Optimise process control systems by analysis of present systems for continuous upgrading and improvement
• Ensure the accuracy and correctness of control systems and instrumentation equipment at all times
• Develop and ensure compliance with instrumentation and mine standards, procedures and SHEQ principles
• Provide technical support and advice in terms of instrumentation to technicians and mechanicians
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513 or e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 7 December 2018
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.