Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum qualifications (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• Grade 12 (Standard 10)/NQF Level 4 with Maths OR Accounting is essential
• A National Diploma or relevant degree in Management Cost Accounting is essential
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• A minimum of 3 years' working experience from a financial accounting background is essential
• Knowledge of the SAP ERP system and business plan systems is essential
• Knowledge of SAP RE will be advantageous
• Company policies and procedures knowledge is essential
• An understanding and acceptance of Impala's code of conduct, policies and procedures is essential
• Deadline-driven and able to work under pressure
• Technical and analytical abilities
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Willingness to work overtime during business plan
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Provide a systems support and service to system users and functional management
• Complete and maintain the budget and forecasting system for accurate and timeous processing and availability of information
• Take ownership of own career development and growth through keeping abreast with changes and development in the financial environment
• Adhere to the company's financial/accounting policies and procedures and to ensure the implementation and maintenance of sufficient financial system controls
• Execute ad hoc investigation/evaluations or value adding projects as required from Management and individual employees
• Ensure overall compliance with policies, procedures, approval frameworks and internal controls
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to: The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513 or e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 7 December 2018
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.