Marula Platinum Limited is situated on the eastern limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex near Burgersfort. We are looking for the right calibre candidate for this position:
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
• Grade 12 (NQF Level 4) Certificate with Mathematics and Accounting is essential
• Studying towards a BCom degree (or equivalent 3-year commercial qualification is essential)
• Computer literacy (MS Office package) and SAP PTP module are essential
• Good financial control skills
• At least 5 years' practical exposure to procurement, vendor management and experience in conducting formal site meetings and good technical background within the mining industry
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external clients
• Valid Medical Certificate or be medically fit in order to obtain such a certificate
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Polygraph test.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Formal tendering and awarding purchase orders for specialised items and services required
• Arranging and conducting site meetings on- and offmine premises for formal tenders
• Ensuring that all procurement policies and work procedures are followed
• Ensuring that orders placed are cost effective without sacrificing quality or supplier service levels
• Resolving any originator or supplier queries with regards to special orders
• Identifying repetitive special purchases that need to be moved to contracts by liaising with the contract buyers to ensure that those items are actioned for new contract or adding to existing contracts
• Increasing accredited local BEE spend, looking at prospective new local suppliers and negotiating commitment dates from untransformed suppliers
• Communicating with originators about products or supplier changes if suggested supplier is not used or if there are process delays
• Answering or directing all originator queries regarding special purchases, eg order status or potential delivery delays
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large-company benefits.
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to:
The Senior Human Resources Offi cer (attention: Lucy Ratau), Marula Platinum Limited, PO Box 1496, Steelpoort 1133, or
fax: (014) 569-9661 or e-mail in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9 November 2018
Marula has the right not to make an appointment.