Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Metallurgical Engineer (D Upper)
Impala – Rustenburg
Minimum requirements (CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
• BSc/BTech or BEng degree in Extraction Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering is essential
Job-specific experience and requirements:
• 5 years’ extensive experience and a good understanding of the metallurgical process as a whole in the platinum industry are essential
• Ability to obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness for mine works
• English proficiency is essential
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
• Computer literacy in process managing and monitoring software (eg SAP and Aspen Process Explorer) will be an advantage
• Valid Code 08 driver’s licence
• Sound practical understanding of the various unit processes within Metallurgy in order to enhance their operational performance is essential
• Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills are essential
• Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of treating both Merensky and UG2 ores will be an advantage
• Knowledge of the Mine’s Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation will be an advantage
• Ability to lead and work effectively with people and a wide range of stakeholders within the business
• High energy and level of enthusiasm for the work with high-performance goals for self and the team is essential
• Demonstrated capability in organising work, setting priorities and exercising sound independent judgement
• Advanced mass balancing skills and sound knowledge of metal accounting will be an advantage
• Project experience will be an advantage, as will ECSA registration
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Monitor performance and efficiency of the concentrator and investigate substandard performance
• Identify areas with opportunities to optimise performance and plan and implement initiatives and projects
• Manage and maintain business plan targets on plant consumables
• Coach and mentor junior metallurgists and students
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to:
The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or fax: (014) 569-9513
or e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 24 September 2018
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.