Marula Platinum Limited is situated on the eastern limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex near Burgersfort. We are looking for the right calibre candidate for this position:
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
• Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 Certificate is essential
• Valid Permanent Blasting Certificate is essential
• Competent in A-B is essential
• Knowledge of mine standards best practices, risk management and operational business objectives
• Technical knowledge of stoping, development, survey, equipping explosives and safety policies, procedures
and regulations is essential
• Trackless mining experience is essential
• Valid Medical Certificate or be medically fit in order to obtain one is essential
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Reading and interpreting the business plan and allocating resources accordingly
• Planning production targets and ensuring measures to achieve production targets
• Receiving and conveying instructions from shaft management on work priorities
• Supervising the crew responsible for installation and maintenance in designated area underground
• Planning, organising, leading and controlling activities in the mining operations process
• Coordinating drilling and blasting operations
• Marking shot and pilot holes for primary and secondary blasting in an underground working place
• Treating and removing misfi res and charging shaft holes with primed explosives
• Supporting the underground working area by means of anchors placed into drilled holes, elongated support
units that are hydraulic stressed, and packs
• Transport material and equipment by means of a monorope system
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package
and the normal large-company benefits.
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
(attention: Lucy Ratau), Marula
Platinum Limited, PO Box 1496,
Steelpoort 1133, or fax: (014) 569-9661 or e-mail in
MS Word format to: email@example.com
Closing date: 16 April 2018
Marula has the right not to make an appointment.