Human Capital Management
Reporting to the Human Resources and Development Manager, the successful candidate will assess the competencies and skills needed of employees to fulfil JCPZ objectives and make sure training is implemented to satisfy the developmental skills, which improve service delivery to the community of the City of Joburg.
Key performance areas: • Understand and implement the relevant sections from legislation, such as those relating to Skills Development, the National Qualifications Framework, Employment Occupational Health and Safety, Labour Relations and/or Employment Equity • Ensure the skills planning and reporting process for JCPZ • Align the personal development of staff to HR and organisational strategies • Perform a leading role in the committees dealing with Skills Development, Employment Equity and/or HR • Coordinate, monitor and guide the implementation of the
organisation’s skills development plans • Conduct training needs analysis and/or skills audits to determine human capital requirements, skills gap and/or training and development needs of JCPZ • Develop, organise, conduct and evaluate training programmes • Liaise with SETAs, sector and industry bodies and/or other external bodies regarding skills development opportunities and requirements within a sector
• Teach skills such as computer applications, phone systems, product assembly, policies and procedures and inventory planning • Direct structured learning
experiences • Compile the prescribed skills development plans and reports and submit them to the relevant authority, eg the Mandatory Grant Application • Monitor and enforce adherence to administrative procedures relating to Skills Development information in the Quality Management System • Hold meetings and presentations on learning material • Create learning literature • Plan, organise and implement a range of training
activities • Manage a database matrix and all other relevant information management
• Build partnerships • Conduct orientation sessions to assess level of skills • Assist employees to improve upon or enhance existing skills • Develop programmes that groom lower-level employees for Executive positions • Evaluate training effectiveness
• Modify training programmes • Implement apprenticeship programmes • Create
monitored simulations and problem-solving scenarios • Create interactive, multimedia presentations • Hold workshops and lectures • Work with the organisational structure.
Requirements: • A diploma/Bachelor’s degree in a related instructional field • An understanding of adult learning theory • 4-6 years’ experience in the training and development fi eld • Experience with learning management systems, learning content management systems, industry standards and accessibility compliance standards
• Effective training and presentation skills • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Proficiency in Microsoft Offi ce • Profi ciency in multimedia programs, tools and eLearning courseware • Speaking skills • Reading comprehension • Learning
strategies • The ability to give instructions • Active listening • Monitoring skills • Social perspective • Time management skills • Proficiency in customer perception services
• Administration and management skills.
Enquiries: Jeaneth Malepe, tel. (011) 712-6601
Interested and qualifi ed persons are invited to send their applications to e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Note: Johannesburg Parks and Zoo is an equal opportunity employer. If you do not receive a response from us within 21 days of the closing date
of this advertisement, please accept that your application had been unsuccessful.