Situated near Rustenburg in the North West Province, Impala Platinum is an equal opportunity mining company, committed to transformation, excellence and recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Impala – Rustenburg
• A Grade 12/Standard 10 (NQF 4) is essential
• A recognised relevant Trade qualification (section 13/26D) is essential OR proof of recognised completed apprenticeship contract (completed by means of effluxion of time) AND NTC 2 (Relevant Trade Theory) qualification are essential
• Knowledge of pipe construction and development is essential
• 2 years’ working experience in a processing environment is essential
• A valid Medical Certificate is essential (or be medically fit to obtain such a certificate)
Duties and responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Fabricating from complex drawings and marking off basic regular engineering shapes
• Cutting, drilling and punching, assembling and mechanically joining structural steelwork
• Assembling and mechanically joining sheets, plates, tubes, pipes and steel sections
• Maintaining belt conveyor components
• Operating cranes, lifting and moving material and equipment by means of a forklift
• Attending to callouts with regard to breakdowns
• Writing technical reports
• Conducting on-the-job coaching
Company details can be found at
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to:
The Recruitment Centre, Impala Platinum Limited,
PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300, or fax: (014) 569-9513 or
e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining3@implats.co.za
Closing date: 26 February 2018
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.