Petra Diamonds Limited is one of the world’s leading suppliers of rough diamonds and one of the largest independent diamond groups by resource. It’s a polished diamond we’re after for this role - an individual that clearly outshines his/her peers:
Finsch Diamond Mine
Finsch Diamond Mine is located in the town of Lime Acres which is situated 160km north west of Kimberley and 109km south of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
The incumbent will be responsible to oversee and implement all financial management information systems and processing functions in order to meet the short-, medium- and long-term objectives of mining operations and ancillary services and provide Senior Management with appropriate financial management information and advice.
Task and responsibilities: • Adhere to Company and generally accepted financial management system principles, practice, policies and procedures • Analyse, control and manage information and applicable systems to determine and recommend various alternatives to ensure viability and profitability for current and future scenarios • Consolidate all management information in order to prepare, process and present to relevant stakeholders • Contribute towards driving operational performance and the achievement of operational deliverables and targets • Coordinate and consolidate all on-mine management information as per agreed timelines and guidelines
• Coordinate, consolidate, analyse and interpret budget and cost reports in order to evaluate actual performance against plans and the effects of external factors on cost
• Coordinate and ensure the processing of internal and external financial queries
• Ensure adherence to legislative and corporate governance complaints and requirements to manage risk and consequence on non-compliance • Ensure value creation and evaluation of business proposal to optimise return on investment
• Manage and ensure good stakeholder relations and social responsibilities.
Minimum requirements: • BCom/BTech degree in Accounting or Management Accounting or CIMA • Minimum of 5 years’ Accountant experience of which at least 3 years should be at a supervisory level • Previous accounting/finance experience in the mining industry is essential • Advanced MS Excel • Accounting/Management Accounting Systems experience (AccPac and ESSbase advantageous) • Valid driver’s licence.
Other skills/competencies: • Good written and verbal communication in English
• Planning, coordinating and prioritising • Decision-making ability in a fast-changing environment • Analytical thinking • Attention to detail • Excellent communication skills
• Drive for results • Excellent problem-solving skills • Strategic thinking • Assertiveness
• Organisational awareness. (Ref. FIN297)
Finsch Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan. Pre-screening, profile testing, on- and off-mine assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Kgatelopele (proof of residence may be requested).
Please complete an application form (available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies or at the Finsch Mine HR Services office) and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 692 2442 by 12 December 2017. Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Toll-free: +27 31 571 5573; Free fax: +27 31 560 7395; E-mail: email@example.com; Free Post: KZ 138, Umhlanga Rocks 4320; Website: www.tip-offs.com